Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2011

inspiration

I found surprisingly little to inspire me at the NEC show. There was a stall with interesting ceramics, they had been surface decorated with trailed slip giving an embossed impression of alium flowers then very subtly glazed. I would love to link to their website, but I failed to make a note by their stand number on my plan, and despite having gone all the way through my catalogue (quite an investment that!) a few times, cant work out who they were. Still, I wonder if this technique may be a possible way to develop the 306 vases




On sunday I walked through the local woods, autumn seems to be ending now. There was still some colour though, I collected a few leaves and took photos. 


This gave me the idea of trying photocopy transfer paper using my own watercolours of oak leaves on pre-bought blank plates. People tell me it isnt, but I still feel this is cheating somehow - post a comment below to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment